Restaurant in my home, Rathfarnham
Vegetarians and vegans catered for – just let me know in advance
Download brochure here SupperClubDublin A5 brochure
Aperitif: Glass of prosecco.
Choice of starters
Chorizo, rocket and roast pepper salad; or
tomato, coriander and coconut soup (vegan).
Homemade tomato and olive bread (vegan); and
homemade brown soda bread.
Choice of main courses:
Hot-smoked trout (from www.goatsbridgetrout.ie) with salad, new potatoes and asparagus.
Aubergine, sesame, tomato and pasta bake (vegetarian).
Both with: Celery heart, apple and pine nut salad (vegan).
Choice of desserts:
Chocolate mousse; or
fruit salad (vegan).
Tea and coffee: Selection of Barry’s herbal teas, normal tea and cafetière coffee.
Homemade biscuits: Macaroons
Bring your own wine. Fantastic value night at €30 per person. Solo diners very welcome.
Private bookings on other nights – great for bookclubs, walking groups, film groups etc.
Listen here to SupperClubDublin on 4FM with Gareth O’Callaghan, Thursday 25 March 2010
What is SupperClubDublin?
Well it’s basically a restaurant that I hold in my home once a fortnight and diners pay €30 to join for the night. I make all the food, including the bread, and use organic produce when possible. Diners sit at shared tables.
How does it work?
- You contact me by email at SupperClubDublin@gmail.com to book letting me know how many people are coming. I email you back confirming your places and with a map and address of our house.
- Solo diners are very welcome and will get a chance to meet new people.
- I email you the final menu a couple of days in advance and you email me back your choice of main course. There is a choice on the night of two starters and two desserts.
- You arrive on the night, bringing your own wine and sit at a table with some other diners. We give you a glass of prosecco to start.
- Then you have a choice of starters, your pre-ordered main course, a choice of desserts, tea, coffee or camomile tea and macaroons. See menu below.
- The night goes on for as long as people like.
- The guests all go home and we clear up!
Please note, the menu may change depending on availability of ingredients.
- There will be jugs of filtered water on the tables. I have been using Daniel Downey’s filter system for several years and find it really economic and good. www.cleanwater.ie
Food musings – random thoughts on food and life
Come on your own or bring some friends
You are more than welcome to come solo to a SupperClubDublin event. Depending on numbers there is either one long table or several mixed tables.
Private parties catered for
SupperClubDublin will be delighted to talk to you about a private night either in your home or mine. Your guests can be sure of a delicious homemade meal.
Please email SupperClubDublin@gmail.com
And if you would like to try some of the SupperClubDublin dishes, here are some recipes.